Δευτέρα 8 Ιανουαρίου 2018

This post is going to be a bit of a mix, a bit of who I am also as a person. I am smiling because even in food and my interests are not unidirectional. Food, I love sharing and trying new combinations. As a British/Spanish comedian once said ‘’Tapas is NOW a thing!”. Sharing small amounts of food bursting of flavour – not quite getting the ingredient - causing our taste buds to savour it for later. Music, when it encompasses different trains of thought, equipment, phrases, pitches and allows for this “cross-section”, for this outplay, this spectrum of emotion makes me feel so alive. My interests, science, ethics, politics, philosophy, writing.. are never in one order, never one-minded or sighted. I sometimes feel envy for people who know exactly what it is that they are passionate about. I am not sure if this is mine, if writing is one of them. I do feel words are powerful and they can change a lot, they can stroke war between nations; little comments and compliments can boost self-esteem or turn a gloomy day up but, when chosen unwisely, can break hearts and deteriorate one’s confidence – was it strong to begin with though? That is the thing.

I feel that sense of not sharing too much, of sharing too little and keeping my thoughts and feelings bottled up. At the end of the day, if you are reading this then you know a lot of things that have happened but I feel a sense of “mourning” because I love to express these parts of myself with people when they are across from me, when I can look into their eyes and we can pass our time doing something, anything, to mark a memory and mark our conscience.
I came across this musician yesterday by chance and had her song on repeat – the one I uploaded yesterday. I knew who she was but I hadn’t given much attention to her music, perhaps it is the songs that draw us in, that we find a part of ourselves in and make us come back for more. I came across other songs and in particular https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYxT9-SIv1c&t=1080s ‘Welcome To The Jungle’ (the first song here).

I came across a writer whose work I had seen a few times – ‘Rupi Kaur’. I saw the book ‘milk and honey’ at my friend’s house when I was invited for Christmas. I will add some pictures below. Shes writes beautifully














Copyright © M.E.S.








Online Users

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου