Παρασκευή 4 Ιουλίου 2014

3. A Letter To Someone You Hate Or Dislike

I can honestly say there is no person in particular I can think of who I hate or dislike. That may sound fake or a lie but I really don't have a particularly strong emotion of hate or dislike towards a specific person.

I would maybe address this to close minded people; racists, fascists, sexists - any person really who is not educated enough to realize the sanctity of life and human dignity.

I am not the first or the last person to talk about these topics and I don't think the "letter" will be too long either. I think I want to make a poem out of it. Here goes.

I was put on this earth with a set of characteristics according to predisposed divine decision.
I was given a national identity based on borders which are always being mentioned with precision.
Take away my passport, my languages and my degrees.
Come and spend some time with me, look at my eyes and see your ancestors as refugees.
Pure race does not exist.
Superiority of any kind is a phenomenon which should never persist.
Historic examples, genocide and  fanaticism appear in repetition.
It's so ironic how my mind is running with symbolic composition.
The superficiality of titles will never cease to amaze me.
The emptiness of nationalistic pride will restrain thee.
Accept the diversity that surrounds the view.
Only then will the mosaic miracle of life seem comprehensible - maybe even true.
The light of change begins from within.
The spark is initiated by personal reflection.


























Online Users

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου