Κυριακή 20 Ιανουαρίου 2019

Think of the sacrifices we make on a daily basis for our work, our degree, our children or even our well being. How we often put off doing what we want. We categorize our happiness on life milestones such as getting married, getting pregnant, having a new job, finding a new partner or even starting all over again in a new city.

Life is happening now. It is going to carry on, like it has many times before when you wondered how you would wake up in the morning and proceed with your day. The sun will rise even if your heart got broken or someone's words burned the inner fabrication of your being; the night will arrive when you will long for the momentary release of not being immersed in an existential multiwoven soliloquy. 

Coat your sorrow with adventure and wonder, learn to find peace in solitude. Try something you haven't before. Let yourself wander into a museum and don't look at the time (unless you obviously have to be somewhere). Some interesting encounters in my life so far came from appreciating my alone time. They also came from traveling long distances or 'going through Istanbul' as my teachers used to say.. I have come to peace with it. 

I have come to peace knowing that I will live a life of more funny coincidences, simple gestures of love and clumsy situations. Perhaps it is the way I perceive the world or what I attract and what I expect. I do not, by no means, want a life without laughter or sense of defeatism. 



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου