Πέμπτη 4 Οκτωβρίου 2018

Speaking with my siblings and friends, I am often told that I have a peculiar memory - that I remember some things in such detail from the past that most wouldn’t really bother with.
I do find it weird how many things have been somewhat stored in my subconscious. I find the science behind it quite interesting. How you combine certain smells of people with a sentiment or you find certain times of the day more enjoyable than others? I do believe it has to do with the people you’re with but also the daily routine.
For example, I remember when it was the time after lunch and before the afternoon.. I have always had a strange feeling about that time of day because when I was younger, my Mom wanted us to nap after lunch and I could never nap no matter how hard I tried. Then, we would be told we were going to the park or to play or see friends in the afternoon (after the designated nap time) - so I have subconsciously correlated these meanings with a “mood” even now!

It is worth thinking - do the feelings we get upon initial contact with a situation/mood/sentiment define the future of our correspondance with it? 
I think it is funny how many memories I can share with them and they look so surprised! I think it also comes from being observant. I often felt a strange feeling of being a viewer in my life rather than actively participating in it a lot growing up. So, perhaps, this could be a reason as to why some memories have stuck more than others.

Anyway.. life is alright other than that. Keeping busy with different projects and discovering new music and topics. I feel like time is going by so fast - how is it October already?! I would like to book some trips and make some plans about what next year might hold.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου