Κυριακή 3 Ιουνίου 2018

Hypatia

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/hypatia-ancient-alexandrias-great-female-scholar-10942888/
'(...) “Almost alone, virtually the last academic, she stood for intellectual values, for rigorous mathematics, ascetic Neoplatonism, the crucial role of the mind, and the voice of temperance and moderation in civic life,” Deakin wrote.'

I saw the film 'Agora' today which was released in 2009. I learned more about Hypatia and I read up about her life. This movie had me bawling my eyes out, I cried so much. I did realise that there were some historical inaccuracies.. but due to the lack of evidence, the cause and person who was responsible for murdering her is not well known. She was, however, murdered for being a pagan apparently.

I felt I could relate with her and found her achievements simply fascinating. I find myself feeling so curious about history, culture and women back in those times!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου