Κυριακή 12 Μαΐου 2013

Tears and Smoke





You gave in one more time and swore it to be your last.
It was not so much the sweetness of the smoke as it was the shapes it made.
It could form anything, really - that was what kept you drawn to it.
It formed the intricate outline of his palm; depicted the graceful curve from her waist to her pelvis.
It shaped her hair flowing restlessly in the summer breeze.
It presented you with the sounds of youth – the very same sounds you promised yourself to remember and revive when life showed you the dark side of maturity and compromise.
I know you miss it – I know you’re missing it already.
Let those tears fall, there’s no rush to be defined.
You should not be hesitant or afraid -
For the moments and people that impacted your life greatly were and are ongoing outcomes of change.



(I hold no credit for the photo)








Online Users

4 σχόλια:

  1. Touching one, indeed. But what do you think; should we always try despite the fact that sometimes we may not be important for some people?

    what about that? : - Ουτοπια ειναι αυτο, που οταν κανεις ενα βημα προς το μερος του, απομακρυνεται δυο. Οταν κανεις δυο απομακρυνεται τεσσερα, οταν κανεις τρια, εξι...
    - Τοτε σε τι χρησιμευει η ουτοπια?
    - Σε κανει να προχωρας...

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Thank you - it means a lot. I think that trying harder depends your personality, your expectations and the type of relationship you wish to engage in with a specific person. In circumstances like these, there is no right or wrong answer. I believe that each situation should be viewed as an exceptional happening due to the fact that we, as individuals, are not the same regardless if our life stories or - parts of them - have the potential of being extremely alike. Looking back, experiences that took place helped shape who I am and will continue to do so as long as I have the will power, patience and maturity to turn them into an opportunity of spiritual growth. I am - as what others are to me - 'an ongoing outcome of change'.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. I couldn't agree more, actually, as far as individuality is concerned. It's a strong point. However, I reckon it is meaningless to 'hunt' people who may not feel anything about you. I mean that trying may be acceptable but under no circumstances, in my opinion, shall we dedicate a whole life for somebody who may not deserve it. Blind of love is not always that good.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. I agree. If you're certain that they do not feel anything about you then yes - it's meaningless to continue trying. However, feelings are feelings - it's not as easy to tell yourself to stop being attracted to someone simply because the feelings aren't mutual. Sometimes, the fact you can't have something/someone makes you want it more. Other people would just accept rejection. I think it definitely depends on the person and the situation.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή