Παρασκευή 24 Αυγούστου 2012

Just Thoughts

Have you ever just stood in the middle of a street and quietly noticed what was going on around you?

I was in the car the other day with my parents and older sister and I tried to find the difference and emotion in the silence of images.

As we were passing street lights, I saw this young couple waiting in their car for the green light to turn on. Not long after, they leaned towards each other, and kissed with a small smile on their lips.

We passed another street, there was this couple waiting at the corner of this street. I think the girl had to leave but the guy kept on pulling her back for a kiss. They were smiling and being silly.

We were driving into another part of the city.

I opened my window, let my hand out and just let the summer breeze sweetly hit it while the radio was playing some classic 80s and 90s music.

I let my mind wander.

Silence makes things more clear.

Sound makes things more clear.

A couple of days ago, I wanted to go and fill up my water bottle and saw two children in front of the water fountain. They were brothers and must have had at least a two year difference. The older one drank water quite fast whereas the younger one couldn't reach. His older brother told him to bend and try reaching it. He tried, but he couldn't. Without a thought, the older brother cupped his right hand and started filling it with water, in order to give it to his brother. The water would slip out of his hand. I suggested using both hands. It worked. The younger boy would essentially lick the beginning of his brother's hands - it was extremely cute. When they finished, I asked them if they wanted more water and the younger boy looked at me with his blue eyes and shyly murmured 'no', smiled and subtly ran off with his older sibling.

There was this little girl with her Dad and brother (I assume) who had hit her foot and was crying.

Made me miss my earlier childhood.

Last night I was waiting at the corner of this street for my sister to come.

I was looking at the lights, the apartments and the patterns of the bars on windows and balconies.

I had this sort of, curiosity, and looked at people's expressions, the way their eyes went when they heard something humorous or when they listened to the person who was talking to them.

I wondered why some people were eating alone. If they felt uncomfortable or content with themselves.

There was this dog who went into this fountain which was full of water and was drinking water. I couldn't help but smile.

This person who was probably working at the restaurant in front of the fountain threw water at the dog (once it came out of the water) to make it go away. I wanted to go and say something but the dog just left and started following this couple that walked past it.

Another dog repeated the same scenario.

There were people who were feeding a dog a piece of their dinner.

I don't know why I'm talking about these - they must seem so unimportant. But don't the unimportant things make up life too? A glance from a stranger, a child's laugh, the smell of food, the stars, music, the feeling that anything can happen and that we haven't yet seen what has yet to come..  I can't get enough of it.
















Online Users

4 σχόλια: