Πέμπτη 8 Νοεμβρίου 2018

08/11/2018


This song. It popped up in my notifications on Youtube. Ariana sang it on the Ellen show and I saw some comments saying to watch a certain part of it eg when she almost slipped and she genuinely exclaimed 'woah' and laughed. Even when she got emotional and her dancers acted extra silly so she could laugh.

I was thinking about this the other day - that she has been through some tough situations over the past two years. What with the Manchester attack.. she came back two weeks later and held the concert with other musicians. Money she made from there went to the victims' families. She could have easily not wanted to go on tour at all after what happened. Who knows the guilt she felt. She made that decision to do something in the face of hate. Even with 'No Tears Left To Cry' - the message was powerful and symbolic.

She lost an ex of hers this year - 'Mac Miller' (Malcolm McCormick) - who had overdosed. In her song 'Thank U, Next' she addresses him as an 'angel'. His song 'Self Care' has been so eye opening and on repeat when I am able to listen to music and let my mind wander. In the music video, Malcolm is smoking in a wooden box.. I just found that video so strange and morbid. It also had a really strong message behind being proud and loyal to yourself too.

Ariana broke up with her fiance too this year (Pete?).This girl released a freaking song about being thankful for her exes and those who have taught her so many things. What a role model... seriously.

It is so easy to get mad at the world and everyone whether it was an ex-partner or ex-friend. It comes from being in pain which I get.. but these past few periods in my life have also taught me so much. Sometimes you can't win, no matter how hard you try to avoid heartbreak or negative people and circumstances. We can't control what happens to us but we can acknowledge it, let us digest it and control how we act afterwards.

'Self-Care' and 'Thank U, Next' are the songs that, ironically, give off such a deep message of life. This is it. One of the people is dead while the other still sings. This is life. I was listening to 'Thank U, Next' on the bus on the way back from work and smiled. I realised.. it is an honor to share my thoughts with someone else and for them to do the same. It has been so long that I opened up my heart to another and felt that ''feeling'' after so many years. I wonder what I will learn this time..!


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου