Δευτέρα 23 Φεβρουαρίου 2015

22. A Letter To Someone You No Longer Speak To

Dear -,
I remember when we used to hang out and watch so many Disney movies together on the weekend. You usually ordered chicken nuggets and adored listening to Hilary Duff. I lost count of the times we spent watching ‘What A Girl Wants’.Remember the voices we used to record on the computer in our attempt to imitate Lilo’s voice from ‘Lilo & Stitch’? How many ‘Shirley Temple’s do you think we ordered during our time at the compound? Do you also think that the ‘Teen Room’ was overrated but remember feeling extremely curious as to what used to go on in there?! You would sometimes feel jealous of your younger brother when I would spend time with him and claim that he was trying to steal me away from you. 
One day, we were playing a game with an electronic device which had the options of ‘Truth or Dare’; after being dared to pat my head and rub my stomach in cyclic movement, you asked me to tell you a secret. You were one of the first people I think I ever told that I felt “different” to.. although I wasn’t afraid to tell you it. I sometimes wonder why it felt so natural and easy to open up about it. Maybe it was because I felt more at peace with who I was before puberty.. even though what I felt was not represented in any popular media (that I had access to) ten years ago.
I often wonder about the person you are now, if you recall the long days at the recreation centre, if you still think about the afternoons we spent together when a song by Hilary Duff or a movie with Amanda Bynes appears.
I think after the bomb, a lot of friends who said they would never lose touch did.. not because they never valued their friendships but because that’s the way life is sometimes. Who knows, maybe sometime in the near future we’ll drop each other a line and talk about those days and reminisce about them with smiles and nostalgia.
Love, 
Marilena



Online Users

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου